ADSL - Billing
- 1 Invoices
- 2 Shaping Option
- 3 ADSL Service Activation
- 4 Charges
- 4.1 What charges will be made under my ADSL contract?
- 4.2 When will money be deducted from my nominated bank account or credit card for ADSL services?
- 4.3 Do you charge for upload traffic on ADSL services?
- 4.4 Do you charge for Download Traffic on ADSL services?
- 4.5 What is counted as ADSL download traffic?
- 4.6 Do I Get Any Free Traffic on ADSL services?
- 4.7 Am I charged for traffic from peering services under ADSL?
- 4.8 What are the charges for withdrawing a pending ADSL application?
- 5 Changing Payment Details
- 6 Refunds
- 7 Service Cancellation
- 7.1 How can I cancel my ADSL service?
- 7.2 What will happen if I cancel my eXeTeL ADSL Service?
- 7.3 Is it possible to keep my VoIP account after canceling my ADSL service?
- 7.4 Can I keep the eXe mail email address for another six months after canceling the ADSL service?
- 7.5 In case if my ADSL connection is inactive due to the disconnection of phone line, will I lose my VoIP (number) and Email services?
How can I change the invoice address of my ADSL service?
You can not change the invoice address of your ADSL service because it is the physical address where the ADSL service is connected.
Does Exetel offer a shaping option for excess usage of ADSL services?
Shaping option for ADSL services depends on your plan and you can find it from your members facility or from Exetel web site.
ADSL Service Activation
Is there an activation fee for ADSL services?
Yes, there is an activation fee for ADSL services and it may vary depending on the supplier and the plan. You can find the relevant activation fee for your service in the order form .
The applicable activation fee for ADSL will be debited from your nominated bank account/credit card on the date of advice from our wholesale supplier of an estimated date of activation.
What do I have to pay during the first month of activation of my ADSL service?
You will have to pay the activation fee and this is billed on the date of advice from our wholesale supplier of an estimated date of activation. As the estimated appointment date is almost always met, usually on or before by the wholesale supplier, regardless if you first use the service after this date, you will still be charged a pro-rata amount from the completion date. The reason for this is that Exetel does not know exactly, in real time of when your ADSL service is activated. This is also how the wholesale supplier bill Exetel and so this is how we bill/price our ADSL service accordingly.
If you had ordered the Modem with the application form, the cost of the Modem ordered by you is also debited on the date of advice from our wholesale supplier of an estimated date of activation.
What charges will be made under my ADSL contract?
You will have to make following charges under your ADSL contract.
- You will be liable for a onetime line activation fee if you are applying for a new ADSL service without a MODEM.
- If you are transferring from another participating ADSL you should check the current order form to confirm whether there is a charge at the time you apply.
- If you buy a MODEM through eXeTeL you will be liable for the cost of that MODEM unless there is a promotion that includes the MODEM in the once off activation fee. Check the order form at the time you are thinking of applying.
- You will be liable to pay the monthly access charges that apply to the plan you have selected monthly.
- If you cancel your plan for whatever reason within the initial contract period you will be charged $100.00 early cancellation fee but not any remaining charges for the months you have not used.
- If you download more than the entitled, you will be liable to pay for the excess monthly downloads at the excess charge specified in your plan per gigabyte or part thereof .
When will money be deducted from my nominated bank account or credit card for ADSL services?
No money will be deducted from your nominated bank account or credit card until and unless the carrier advises that your line is suitable for connection to ADSL. Once The Carrier has nominated an activation date for your ADSL service eXeTeL will deduct the line activation charge and the cost of any MODEM ordered by you. The pro rata of the first month’s access charge will be debited the day after The Carrier advises eXeTeL that the ADSL service has been activated.
For the initial service period eXeTeL will debit your nominated credit card or bank account for the monthly access fee on or around the first business day / 28th or the following working day (which ever applicable for your service) .Excess usage charges will be billed with your monthly invoices unless if there is any requirement of interim payment. Excess usage charges are billed per gigabyte or part thereof at the nominated plan rate. Your monthly download is calculated from one second after midnight (AEST or AESST) on the first day of each billing cycle to midnight (AEST or AESST) on the last day of the billing cycle.
Do you charge for upload traffic on ADSL services?
No, we do not charge for upload traffic on ADSL services.
Do you charge for Download Traffic on ADSL services?
Download traffic will be charged only if you exceed the download allowance included in your plan and the download charge for excess traffic depends on your plan.
What is counted as ADSL download traffic?
Everything that comes to your computer from the internet is counted as download traffic. This includes emails, all web site browsing as well as files you choose to download. This also includes all traffic from "peering services".
Do I Get Any Free Traffic on ADSL services?
All traffic that is delivered to your computer is subject to the conditions specified for any particular plan.
Am I charged for traffic from peering services under ADSL?
You are not charged for traffic from peering services. However traffic from peering services counts towards your plan's download traffic allowance.
What are the charges for withdrawing a pending ADSL application?
You can find the charges for withdrawing a pending ADSL application from the terms and conditions applicable to your service and it can be found from here - http://help.exetel.com.au/terms.php
Changing Payment Details
How do I update my current payment details?
Please follow the below steps to update your current payment details.
I upgraded my ADSL 1 plan to ADSL 2 and have been charged twice during this month. Can you credit my account back?
Please visit refunds section for relevant information.
I ordered a MODEM when signing up with ADSL service & MODEM received only today. But I do not require a MODEM now. How can I get the money back?
Please visit refunds section for relevant information.
How can I cancel my ADSL service?
Please visit Service Cancellation page for details on ADSL service cancellation.
What will happen if I cancel my eXeTeL ADSL Service?
Your ADSL account will be cancelled on the day you have assigned. If you cancel your service within the initial contract period you will incur a cancellation fee of $100.00 and if the cancelation has been done after the initial service period expiration, there is no penalty or charge. ADSL services are billed one month in advance and no refund/rebate of that monthly charge is made for any days not used. So you can move away from eXeTeL at the end of a billing period.
Is it possible to keep my VoIP account after canceling my ADSL service?
Yes. VoIP service will continue to be active when the ADSL service is canceled. When you request to cancel your ADSL service via Members Facilities area, you will be asked if you want the VoIP service to be canceled as well. At that time select No.
Can I keep the eXe mail email address for another six months after canceling the ADSL service?
Yes, you can. eXe mail accounts will be active for another six months from the date you have cancelled the service and this will cost $30.
In case if my ADSL connection is inactive due to the disconnection of phone line, will I lose my VoIP (number) and Email services?
If your ADSL connection is inactive due to the disconnection of phone line, you will lose the VoIP number and will be given a seven-day grace period for requesting mail transfer from your original account to another account until you are reconnected.