Alcatel Speed Touch Home/530
For the Alcatel modem Speed Touch Pro and Speed Touch Home/530
For the Speed Touch Home/530, you may have an icon on your desktop from your previous provider. Click on this and then click on Properties (go to point number 9 below)
You also need to configure the network settings, like domain suffix, DNS IP addresses and you do this by the inbuilt PPPoE client of WINXP.
- In the "Network Tasks" Menu, select "Create New Connection", or for some click on START > SETTINGS > NETWORK CONNECTIONS > NEW CONNECTION WIZARD
- Click Next
- Select the default "Connect to the Internet" and "next".
- Select "Set up my connection Manually" and "next"
- Select "Connect using a Broadband connection that requires a username & password" and "Next"
- Give the connection a name (anything, or Exetel?) and "next"
- Enter your username & password (your 10 digit phone number ie: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- And "Finish"
- A connection window will popup, Select "properties"
- Select the Networking Tab. It should say Point to Point over Ethernet in "Type of Broadband Connection"
- Select "properties" of TCP/IP protocol
- Select "advanced" and select the DNS tab
- Check "Append these DNS suffixes (in order)" and add your ISP's DNS suffix. Click 'ADD' and then input exetel.com.au
- Then click ok to everything to close it all, click "connect" and you're online hopefully.