- Launch your internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc). Type http://10.1.1.1 in the address bar of the browser window.
- A dialog box will appear and prompt for a username and password. Type in the default username admin and default password admin and click the OK button to access the management console.
Configure the Modem
When you successfully connect to the modem, the Home directory tab will be in display. To set up the modem for your Exetel ADSL connection, we will be using the Setup Wizard to create the connection.
To begin the Setup Wizard, click the Run Wizard button in the first browser window. A pop-up window will appear which summarizes the setup process. Click the Next button to proceed.
On this page, it is requiring you to create a new password to access the modem. This will replace the default admin password, NOT your Exetel password. Type in a password that is something you will remember and verify it by typing a second time. Click Next to continue.
Set the system time of the modem. Choose the time zone you are in from the pull-down menu and click Next.
On this page, you must enter all the details that Exetel has provided you in the activation email.
- Select the Connection Type for the connection (for most ADSL1 connections, choose PPPoE LLC and for ADSL2, choose PPPoA LLC).
- Enter your modem username. The username should be in the format of firstname.lastname@example.org (replacing the number with your full ten digit number and the state with your state).
- Enter your modem password. The password should be in the format of your ten digit telephone number plus the first two letters of your street name (e.g. 029xxxxxxxxAB for Abel Street).
Click Next to go to the next menu and complete the setup wizard.
Finally, you can confirm that the setup process is completed. If you wish to restart the process, simply click Back to return to previous pages. If you are confident that all the settings are correct, click the Restart button to save the new settings and restart the modem. Do NOT turn the modem off while it is restarting.