What is Fax2Email?
Fax2Email is the ability to have an incoming fax received into your email inbox.
How do I send a Fax2Email?
Fax machines cannot send directly to an email address. They can only send to a number they recognize as a standard fax number. In order to receive a fax into your email inbox, it is necessary to trick the sending fax machine to think it is sending to a standard fax number.
To trick that sending fax machine, a “fax to email” number must be ordered and then that number must be configured to a receiving email address. It is a 2 step set up process. Firstly ordering a number and secondly configuring a forwarding email address to that number.
How do I apply for Fax2Email?
Please follow the following steps to activate Fax2Email service.
1. Go to Members Facilities area.
2. Click Orders >>> Fax option.
3. This will display the Fax To Email Service Online Order Form.
4.You then need to supply a forwarding email address for this FoIP number. This is the email address that will receive an incoming fax. It can be your usual email address.
5.In the Location box, select your city or the city that is closest to you.
6. In the Number Selection box, select any number. This is actually a VoIP number which will become the “fax” number which you will supply to your contacts who send you faxes. Technically it is your Fax over IP number (FoIP).
7. Tick the radio button for I Agree option if you are agreed with the given terms and conditions.
8. Click the Confirm Order button.
How do I manage Fax2Email Number?
1. To manage your Fax2Email number,go to Premium VAS and select Fax Over IP option.
2. Click on Receive Faxes Tab
3. You will see your FoIP number that has been ordered.
4. You are able to delete this (Delete button) or configure other forwarding emails to this FoIP number (View/Edit button).
5. To create an additional forwarding email address, click the View/Edit button and enter another email address in the Add Email Address box:
6. Once it is added, it will show in the View email addresses box below .
How much does it cost to have a Fax2Email DID?
Fax2Email DID is $5.00 per month.
How do I receive a fax to my Email Inbox
Once the ordering of a Fax2Email DID number and forwarding email address is configured, you simply supply the Fax2Email DID number to your contacts who need to send you faxes .
Any faxes sent will be received into your email inbox.
Why do I receive a blank or half page of the fax?
Main reason is that the Fax2Email facility is subjected to quality variations which is why there is blank/half pages. These are intermittent issues and probably with supplier’s infrastructure and the receiving party.
How do I cancel fax service?
Please visit Service Cancellation page for relevant information on canceling your fax service.