Customer Service Guarantee (CSG)
[As Exetel requests a waiver of all rights for compensation under the CSG Standard, this information is for your knowledge only and not applicable to any Exetel service.]
What is the Customer Service Guarantee?
The Customer Service Guarantee (CSG) is a standard designed to encourage service improvement and guard against poor service. Phone companies must meet minimum performance requirements for specified services and compensate customers when these are not met.
Which services are covered by the Customer Service Guarantee Standard?
The CSG Standard covers the supply of standard telephone services, including voice grade services used to connect to the Internet or for a facsimile machine. Enhanced call-handling features that require activation by a phone company are also covered, including call waiting, call forwarding, call barring, calling number display and calling number display blocking. These services are commonly referred to as CSG services.
Usually applicable to the CSG Standard are:
connection of a CSG service; repair of a fault or service difficulty; and attending appointments with customer For more information on CSG, please refer http://www.acma.gov.au/theACMA/customer-service-guarantee-for-phone-users-faqs
What are the various maximum time frames for the CSG to apply?
Various maximum time frames for the CSG to apply are given below.
- service issue rectification
- In urban areas it is the end of the next business day after service issue reporting.
- In rural areas it is the end of the 2nd business day after service issue reporting.
- New service connections where there is NO infrastructure
- In urban areas it is within 4 weeks.
- In rural areas it is within 26 weeks.
- New service connections where there is infrastructure
- In place connection, 2 business days.
- In place connection in urban areas, within 5 business days.
- Not in place connection in rural areas, within 10 business days.
In these special cases, we can process these as 'churn' requests. This generally takes approximately two business days to complete. You should remain connected to your current ADSL/ADSL 2 service (If you indeed have a service on the same infrastructure) until the churn is complete .