Exemail (Webmail) General Information
Each Exetel ADSL/wireless broadband plan includes 20 FREE email addresses in the format of email@example.com and you can set up, change and maintain them via the Member Facilities area in the eXeTeL web site.
Follow the simple steps given in the Member Facilities area to set up the email accounts in a third party email program and eXeTeL server.
Go to Member Facilities area -> Click Manage/ Set up Email tab.
Select Add Email Account.
These steps include the set up of your computer’s email client and these email addresses can be used once you have created them.
- These Email accounts are POP3/SMTP and eXeTeL does not provide IMAP.
- The capacity of each mail box set up by the user is 40 megabytes of storage and the maximum email size that can be sent or received is currently 20 megabytes. Always ensure that you have enough capacity to receive emails.
- Exetel email service is NOT a suitable method for either permanently storing email messages or for sending large files (which is why almost all email servers have limits lower than the 20 megabytes currently in operation at eXeTeL) and if someone sends you a large email it may be 'bounced' if there is no enough space in your mail box. If you need to exchange large files with others please use FTP (which was specifically designed for this purpose).
- Not surprisingly there are a significant and growing number of email accounts that have been set up and either not used at all or used and then abandoned although they often continue to 'collect' SPAM.
- If you want to keep records for long periods of time you will need to download your emails from the eXeTeL servers to your PC. eXeTeL maintains a 'house keeping' process that is running at the end of each month and performs the following functions:
- Deletes all accounts that have not been used for more than six months.
- Deletes any individual email message on the server that is more than three months old.
Follow the below steps to access each email account via the webmail facility located on the eXeTeL web site from anywhere in the world. From the webmail facility you can receive your email and send email.
1. Go to Member Facilities area -> Click Manage/ Set up Email tab.
2. Select Webmail.
3. This will display the login screen for the eXeTeL webmail service. (https://webmail.exetel.com.au/src/login.php)
4. Enter the Name and Password.
5. Click the Login button.