Internet Security Suite
- 1 What is F-Secure and who are they?
- 2 Will my existing antivirus/PC protection software conflict with F-Secure?
- 3 How long does it take to take to set up my F-Secure Security Solution?
- 4 What is the installation procedure and what does each product offer?
What is F-Secure and who are they?
F-Secure Protection Service for Consumers is an award winning security solution protecting against computer viruses and other threats from the Internet. F-Secure, through Internet Service Providers (ISPs) such as Exetel, offer small/home office customers a comprehensive, easy to use and reliable security solution for a monthly subscription or as part of a bundled internet access offering.
F-Secure founded in 1988 and headquartered in Finland is globally recognised as a reliable security provider helping make computer/device users connected lives safe and easy.
Will my existing antivirus/PC protection software conflict with F-Secure?
Yes. You will have to uninstall all existing PC protection/security products or you will automatically be prompted to do so during the F-Secure software download process.
Will my existing online backup programs conflict with F-Secure Online Backup?
No. F-Secure backup will continue to work even if you have other online backup programs installed on your computer. However if you have more than one backup program on your computer, backing up files may take a longer time.
How long does it take to take to set up my F-Secure Security Solution?
Setting up your F-Secure Solution is a simple 2 step process which shouldn’t take longer than 10 - 15 minutes:
Submit a PC Security and Online Backup order via the Exetel website or through an Exetel sales representative.
After you have submitted your order through Exetel for an F-Secure service, you will receive an email with a URL and a subscription key (a 20 digit alpha numeric subscription initiation code number). You are required to download, install, run and activate (using the subscription key) the software on your device.
You will be prompted to enter your F-Secure subscription key and then simply follow the next few prompts that appear on your screen.
What is the installation procedure and what does each product offer?
F-Secure Internet Security
F-Secure® Internet Security™ offers better online security without slowing down your computer. It also provides enhanced protection against viruses, malicious software, spam, and cyber criminals.
- Download the product using the Installation URL and select Save File.
- Double-click the downloaded file (F-SecureNetworkInstaller.exe).
- Follow the steps on screen (select language, accept license terms).
- Enter in your subscription key when requested (image inset).
- Click through the remaining steps and restart your computer if instructed to do so.