Siemens Speedstream 4200
Find the IP address of the modem by checking the IP address assigned by DHCP to your computer.
A speedstream 4200 can issue an IP of 10.0.0.x or 10.1.1.x, depending on who the provider was.
Open the Default Gateway IP address in your web browser. If prompted for a username and password, use 'admin' and 'admin'.
On the left hand side, at the bottom, click Tools.
Click Interface Map.
The last icon on the far right side of Interface Map should be 0/35 or 8/35. Click it.
Ensure VPI is set to 8, and a VCI is set to 35.
Choose an LLC Connection type.
Set traffic class to Unspecified Bit Rate. Click Next at the bottom.
Choose PPPoE and click Next.
Choose "Client Only", and click Next.
Choose "1", and click Next.
Enter your Exetel username and password on the fields provided, and click Next.
Remove the ticks from any boxes that are ticked, and then tick Auto Connect on Disconnect, and click Next.
Leave the static IP address field blank, and click Next.
Ensure all boxes are not ticked, except "Use Attack Detection System", ensure NAPT is selected, and click Next.
Click Next, and then Click Finish.
Under the Tools Option, Click "Reboot".
Ensure "Reset to Factory Defaults" is not ticked, click Reboot. The modem will count back from 45 seconds, and the connection should then be active.
2. Click Disconnect.
3. Click PPPoE 8/35
4. In the username field, type in the Exetel username.
5. In the password field, type in the Exetel password.
6. Click Save Settings.
7. The modem should return back to the main page, click the "Connect" button to connect.
Bridge mode for Optus Speedstream 4200 (to connect a router): First, ensure you are connected using a cable between the computer connected directly to the Speedstream modem. Second, ensure the computer is configured in DHCP mode.
Bridge steps: 1. Open http://10.1.1.1 in Internet Explorer.
2. Click Setup on the left menu.
3. Click UPnP, under Setup on the left menu.
4. Choose Disable UPnP, ensure the two Options boxes are not ticked. Click Apply.
5. Click the DHCP option on the left, set "DHCP Server" to 'Disable'. Click Save Settings. Do not reboot if asked.
6. Click "Mode" on the left, choose "NAPT", click Apply. Do not reboot if asked.
7. Click "WAN Interface" on the left.
8. Click the "8/35" number under the VC heading on the left.
9. Ensure the VPI is set to 8, VCI is set to 35. Encapsulation type is "LLC", Traffic Class is "Unspecified Bit Rate", the other fields are blank. Click 'Next>>'.
10. On the resulting screen, ensure PPPoE is selected, and click "Next >>".
11. On the resulting screen, choose "Bridge only", and click "Next >>".
12. On the resulting screen, remove all ticked boxes, and ensure "RIP" is 'disabled' and 'NAT/NAPT' is 'disabled'. Click "Next>>"
13. Click "Next>>" to accept the standard name (generally "PPPoE 8/35")
14. Click Finish. Reboot after it prompts you to.