TP-Link TD-W8951ND User Guide
TP-Link TD-W8951ND User Guide
- Four 10/100Mbps Auto-Negotiation RJ45 LAN ports (Auto MDI/MDIX), one RJ11 port.
- Provides external splitter.
- Adopts Advanced DMT modulation and demodulation technology.
- Supports bridge mode and Router function.
- Multi-user sharing a high-speed Internet connection.
- Downstream data rates up to 24Mbps, upstream data rates up to 3.5Mbps（With Annex M enabled）.
- Supports long transfers, the max line length can reach to 6.5Km.
- Supports remote configuration and management through SNMP and CWMP.
- Supports PPPoE, it allows connecting the internet on demand and disconnecting from the Internet when idle.
- Provides reliable ESD and surge-protect function with quick response semi-conductive surge protection circuit.
- High speed and asymmetrical data transmit mode, provides safe and exclusive bandwidth.
- Supports All ADSL industrial standards.
- Compatible with all mainstreams DSLAM (CO).
- Provides integrated access of internet and route function which face to SOHO user.
- Real-time Configuration and device monitoring.
- Supports Multiple PVC (Permanent Virtual Circuit).
- Built-in DHCP server.
- Built-in firewall, supporting IP/MAC filter, Application filter and URL filter.
- Supports Virtual Server, DMZ host and IP Address Mapping.
- Supports Dynamic DNS, UPnP and Static Routing.
- Supports system log and flow Statistics.
- Supports firmware upgrade and Web management.
- Provides WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK data security, TKIP/AES encryption security.
- Provides 64/128-bit WEP encryption security and wireless LAN ACL (Access Control List)
The Front Panel of the modem
Following indicates the status of the LED lights which provides you the modem’s working status.
- POWER: The Power plug is where you will connect the power adapter.
- ON/OFF: The switch for the power.
- WPS: This button is for WPS settings. WPS can help you to add a new wireless device to an existing network quickly.
- RESET: There are two methods to reset the modem,
- 1. While the Router is powered on, use a pin to press and hold the Reset button for at least 5 seconds. And the Router will reboot to its factory default settings.
- 2. Through “Maintenance-SysRestart” of the Router's Web-based Utility.
- WiFi: Press this button to enable or disable Wireless LAN interface.
- 1, 2, 3, 4 (LAN): You can connect the Router to your PC or the other
- ADSL: Through the port, you can connect the router with the telephone. Or you can connect them by an external separate splitter
- Antenna: Used for wireless operation and data transmit
How to setup/connect your hardware
Quick Installation Guide
To access the web configuration utility for the modem, open a web-browser and type in the default address 192.168.1.1 in the address field of the browser.
After sometime, you will be prompted to enter the modem User Name and Password for the modem to login. By default it is ‘admin’ for both. Then click the OK button or press the Enter key.
1.Select the Quick Start tab, then click RUN WIZARD, and you will see the next screen. Click the NEXT button.
2.Configure the time for the Router, and then click the NEXT button
3.Select the connection type as PPPoE/PPPoA and then click the NEXT button.
4. Configure the following options provided by your ISP: Username, Password, VPI, VCI and Connection Type. Then click NEXT.
5. Configure the rules for the WLAN, and click NEXT.
6. Click NEXT to finish the Quick Start.
Prepared by - Kaushalya Fernando